Information that we collect
The personal information that we may collect about you falls into the following categories:
- Information that you provide voluntarily
Certain features on our Website requires you to provide personal information. We ask you to provide your details at the time of registering an account, subscribing to our service, posting user generated content, submitting enquiries to us, entering a competition or promotion sponsored by us and when you report a problem with our site.
- Information that we collect automatically
When you visit our Website, we collect certain information automatically from your device. In some countries, including countries in the European Economic Area, this information may be considered personal information under applicable data protection laws
The information we collect automatically can include information like your IP address, device type, unique device identification numbers, browser-type, broad geographic location (e.g. country or city-level location) and other technical information. We may also collect information about how your device has interacted with our Website, including the pages accessed and links clicked.
Collecting this information enables us to better understand the visitors who come to our Website, where they come from, and what content on our Website is of interest to them and how certain features are used. We use this information for our internal analytics purposes and to improve the quality and relevance of our Website and services. We may also use the data for targeting and tailoring online advertisement
- Information that we obtain from third party sources
We may receive data about you from third party sources such as data vendors or social media, but only where we have checked that these third parties either have your consent or are otherwise legally permitted or required to disclose your personal information to us.
The types of information we may receive from third parties are such as segments that can be used for online advertising or any information that we could use to improve our advertising content and audience targeting.
With whom we may share your personal information
We may disclose your personal information to the following parties:
- to competent law enforcement body, regulatory, government agency, court or other third party in case it should occur that we believe disclosure is necessary as a matter of applicable law or regulation
- to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights
- to protect your vital interests or those of any other person
- to any other person with your prior consent
How we use your personal information
Our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it. Normally we collect personal information from you only:
- where we need the personal information to fulfill our obligations with you
- where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your rights
- where it’s our legal obligation to collect personal information from you, for example to defend our legal rights, protect your vital interests or those of another person
- where we have your consent to do so
If we ask you to provide personal information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contract with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory or not.
If we collect and use your personal information in relation to our legitimate interests (or those of any third party), this interest will normally be to operate our platform and communicate with you as necessary to provide our services to you and for our legitimate commercial interest like responding to your queries, improving our platform, undertaking marketing, or for the purposes of detecting or preventing illegal activities.
Cookies and similar tracking technology
How we keep your information secure
Your data protection rights
We do not sell, trade, transfer, rent or exchange your personal information with anyone.
You have the following data protection rights: